Have you ever been stranded and then you tried calling someone for help…just when you thought it was going to connect, you hear the melodious voice of a lady saying “You do not have sufficient airtime for this call…”
If you have ever been in a tight corner before and didn’t know what to do, this article is for you. If you have never been in a tight corner, this article will also help because “no one knows tomorrow”.
Borrowing airtime from Airtel has its pros and cons but the process is pretty straight forward.
Let’s dive in!
What Is Airtel Extra Credit?
This is a loan service in which eligible customers can borrow airtime on credit and pay back on their next recharge.
Who Is Qualified to Borrow Credit?
For you to qualify to borrow credit, your sim must be registered and must have been effective for three months. You must have also recharged your phone with at least N250 per month.
Also, note that having outstanding recharge loans automatically cancels your eligibility to borrow.
How To Borrow Airtime from Airtel
To borrow airtime from Airtel, dial *500*
- Insert the amount of airtime you wish to borrow, then, ‘#’ For example, if you wish to borrow N200 worth of credit, you will need to dial *500*200#. You can also dial *500# and follow the laid commands.
- You will receive a notification stating that your request is being processed. This happens when you meet up with the requirements. But if you having outstanding loan, you will be asked to recharge more.
- After the processing message, you will be credited with N185, using our example above. 15% service charge is deducted.
How To Borrow Data on Airtel
- Dial *500#
- A prompt will be displayed, reply with 3 to borrow data.
- A list of data bundles you qualify for will be displayed.
- Select the bundle of your choice. It will be activated and a service charge of 15% will be deducted.
Things To Know Before Borrowing Airtime
- It is important to note that the amount you receive when borrowing is less by a 15% service charge.
- Once you borrow airtime, the borrowed amount will be deducted the next time you recharge and borrowed airtime do have an expiration date.
How To Borrow Airtime Without Paying Back
There is no information on how to borrow airtime without paying it back. Why don’t you want to pay back?
How Do I Repay Airtel Credit or Data?
- Dial *500#
- Select option 4 which is the option to repay your loan
- Click on the option to pay up your loan.
Quick Questions On Airtel Extra Credit/ FAQs
- What Is Talktime Advance?
This service enables you to demand airtime when you run out of it and you’re expected to pay back on the next recharge within a specified period.
- At What Point Will The 15% and 20% Service Charge Apply?
If you are borrowing N25 from airtel, the service charge will be 20%. But if you borrow any other amount, the charge will be 15%.
- Can I Call Other Network with Advance Airtime?
Yes, you can.
- Can I Make International Call with Advanced Airtime?
Yes, but there are Int’l bundles which offer up to 70% discount to any country of your choice.
- Can I Use My Advanced Airtime to Browse the Internet?
Yes, you can.
- I Dialed *500# but Got No Response.
It might be a technical glitch or system downtime. Once the network system is restored, you will get a response.
- I dialed *500# but I got a message informing me that I’m not eligible.
•It could be you haven’t used your airtel SIM for up to three months.
•Your recharge history could be low.
•You might be owing an outstanding loan.
- I applied for extra credit advance a long time ago yet it was deducted this week.
It might be due to a technical glitch, contact airtel customer care.
- What happens if I receive airtime through transfer and I have taken an advance?
All recharges as well as transfers will be deducted to pay any outstanding advance.
- What happens If I don’t repay my advance after 72 hours?
You will not be able to access the service until you pay back the outstanding amount owed.
- What minimum balance should I have in my account to successfully apply for talktime advance?
You can access this service with any balance in your account.
- Can I Borrow Extra Credit advance more than once without repaying the first loan?
No, you must pay up the first loan.
- If I borrow an advance airtime amount that is less than what I’m eligible for, can I continue to borrow advance airtime until I reach the maximum limit?
No, you can only access a loan at a time
- I borrowed N500 and I had N500 in my account prior and I have not reloaded Since at what point does the deduction starts from the main balance?
As soon as you recharge.
- What happens to my Talk time advance in the event I replace my SIM card?
Your advance remains accessible as soon as you replace your SIM till 72hours elapses.